How to set up your own CGI scripts and/or programs:
- Create a directory called cgi-bin in your public_html directory.
- From the terminal, do 'chmod o+rx ~/public_html/cgi-bin'
- Place any CGI programs in your cgi-bin directory.
- Call your cgi programs from your html files or directly via URL in one of the following formats:
- /cgi-bin/cgiwrap/~user/prog?FOO BAR BAR - where "FOO BAR BAR" is an argument passed to your script.
Scripts need to be chmod 755 (-rwxr-xr-x) in order to execute on the webserver.