Operation and Staffing:
- Hours of operation are posted outside of the labs and also on the Computing Labs web page.
- Everyone MUST leave the lab PROMPTLY at closing time. Security will be called if anyone does not leave at that time. The lab needs to be empty and locked before the consultant can leave.
- The labs are unavailable during breaks and between terms for maintenance.
- Classes may be scheduled in any of the labs for short periods.
- The lab is equipped with video surveillance for the safety of the people and equipment within the lab.
- Do NOT turn off any of the workstations or printers under any circumstance.
- Report any problems by sending e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. .
- Lab monitors have the right to ask people to leave the lab for any violation of these rules or for any disorderly conduct.
- Printers are provided for course work.
- Print responsibly. Print only what you need. Make use of screen previewers such as ghostview. Print only one copy - use a copier for multiple copies. Printing manuals is not allowed.
- Daily backups are performed on all College of Engineering file servers.
- OSU Acceptable Use Policy
- These labs are available to all College of Engineering students.
- Any applications producing sounds should be muted or volume significantly reduced.
- No network abusive applications/games/programs.
- Games have NO PRIORITY on these machines. People playing games will be asked to relinquish the computer if seating is limited.
- No food or drink of any kind within the lab.
- No smoking.
- Please don't leave your screen locked for more than five minutes. If you must leave for more than five minutes, please logout.
- Displaying, scanning, or printing pornographic or potentially offensive material is strictly prohibited.
- Unsupervised children are not allowed in the lab.
- No animals.
- Treat the equipment and furniture carefully.
Note: The labs are provided under the conditions presented above. Failure to follow these rules will result in the immediate deactivation of your computer account, as well as the opportunity to speak to an assistant dean.