The College of Engineering and Bentley offers several titles of engineering software to students through their Academic Select program.
Titles include Microstation, Synchro PRO, and many others.
Information about setting up the account and downloading software is provided below. For more information on the suites available see:
Windows Desktops and Laptops
Who can use the Software
Bentley software is available to any engineering student who has followed the registration steps below.
SOFTWARE MUST BE LOGGED INTO WITH AN ACTIVATED ONID ACCOUNT IN ORDER TO LICENSE,
BOTH IN COMPUTER LABS AND ON PERSONAL COMPUTERS.
IF YOU ARE HAVING LICENSING ISSUES WHEN LAUNCHING SYNCHRO PRO, READ THE FIX BELOW.
Access to Software
Bentley requires your ONID email be registered as an account. Follow these two steps to create your account:
- Request your email address be added to the Bentley OSU Academic License.
Email email@example.com and request to have your OSU email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) added to the license.
Wait to receive confirmation from COE Support (this can take up to 24 hours).
- Upon receipt, browse to this page and reset the password.
Again, your username is your OSU email address.
(The confirmation email will be in your OSU email and can take up to 5 minutes).
Software Downloads for Personal Computers
- Visit the Bentley STUDENTserver at http://apps.bentley.com/StudentServer.
- When prompted for your school code, use the one provided here.
- Go to the “Download Software” page on STUDENTserver.
- You can search for the application you want, or browse the options and filter by brand, product line, language, and other options.
- To activate the software please make sure you are logged in to CONNECTION Client. CONNECTION Client will install with all Bentley Connect Edition software.
Synchro Pro Licensing Issue Fix
When launching Synchro Pro, you may get a message stating that your trial will expire in 7 (or fewer) days. To fix this, do the following:
- Launch Synchro Pro and go to File > Options.
- Go to the "Plug-in Modules" section at the bottom and uncheck both Iray and iModel.
- Click "OK" and restart Synchro Pro for the changes to take effect.
Access to Online User Portal and Support
Bentley CONNECT CENTER
CONNECT CENTER HELP