The College of Engineering computer support team is directly responsible to the OSU and Internet community for network and computer security of the entire College of Engineering network, including departmental networks and systems.
Responses to Security threats
When the computer support team becomes aware of a security threat, the following actions will be taken:
- Determine the nature and extent of the issue.
- Regain control, through what ever means necessary, of the compromised system.
- Notify any department administrators or faculty if they will be impacted by the outage.
- Work to understand the compromise.
- Find a resolution to the compromise.
- Return the system to an operational state.
- Fix all similar systems to eliminate the known vulnerability.