General Use Profressional Software
- Java Developer's Kit
Departmental Software: (Department Name)
- Arcinfo (CCE)
- Arcview (CCE)
- Hspice (EECS)
- Mentor Graphics (EECS)
- Ansys (MIME)
- Catia (MIME)
- Delmia (MIME)
- Starcd (MIME)
- Tecplot (MIME)
- Compliers: Fortran, C, C++
- Interpreters: Java, Perl, PHP, Python
- Web Browsers and Mail Clients: Firefox, Lynx, Mozilla, Pine, Thunderbird, etc.
- Word Processors/Text Editors: Emacs, Nano, Open Office, Pico, Vi, etc.
Addition Application Locations
- /usr/sfw/bin (Solaris only)
Request New Software.
If the software you want to use is not installed on the machines you have three options. If the software is:
- Public domain (open source), contact support. You can accelerate the process by including links to the source and information about the application.
- Professional Software specific to your major, you will need to get your department to purchase the software. When and if the software is purchased, ENGR support will install the package.
- Professional Software that all majors will use, contact support. Requests from faculty members and a department as a whole will carry more weight.