General Use Profressional Software
- Java Development Kit
Departmental Software: (Department Name)
- Arcinfo (CCE)
- Arcview (CCE)
- Hspice (EECS)
- Mentor Graphics (EECS)
- Ansys (MIME)
- Catia (MIME)
- Delmia (MIME)
- Starcd (MIME)
- Tecplot (MIME)
- Compilers: Fortran, C, C++
- Interpreters: Java, Perl, PHP, Python
- Web Browsers and Mail Clients: Firefox, Lynx, Mozilla, Pine, Thunderbird, etc.
- Word Processors/Text Editors: Emacs, Nano, Open Office, Pico, Vi, etc.
Addition Application Locations
Request New Software.
If the software you want to use is not installed on the machines you have three options. If the software is:
- Public domain (open source), contact support. You can accelerate the process by including links to the source and information about the application.
- Professional Software specific to your major, you will need to get your department to purchase the software. When and if the software is purchased, ENGR support will install the package.
- Professional Software that all majors will use, contact support. Requests from faculty members and a department as a whole will carry more weight.