How long does my account last?
Engineering resources for COE majors will last as long as the ONID account does, which is currently 1 year post graduation. Engineering resources for non-COE majors will be removed one term after your engineering class ends.
This includes access to CoE computer labs, Engineering Citrix desktops, Linux hosts, and storage on depot, stak, or attic.
More information on account termination can be found here.
How long does my ONID account last?
- Check out ONID account duration policies here: https://oregonstate.teamdynamix.com/TDClient/1935/Portal/KB/ArticleDet?ID=51559
- Services such as Box, Adobe Creative Cloud, Zoom, Office 365, VPN, will terminate prior to the one year grace on the ONID account itself.
- Extensions to those services can only be done when warning messages are received that the service is terminating. It requires justification to COE Support, by a major professor and is extended a quarter at a time.
What to do before leaving
- Students - Setup an auto reply, and continue to check your OSU e-mail until your account is removed. OSU policy forbids Faculty and Staff from forwarding OSU e-mail to a Non-OSU e-mail account.
- Faculty and Staff - Setup an out of office in Outlook and continue to check your OSU e-mail until your account is removed. OSU policy forbids Faculty and Staff from forwarding OSU e-mail to a Non-OSU e-mail account.
- Download and Archive Google: https://oregonstate.teamdynamix.com/TDClient/1935/Portal/KB/ArticleDet?ID=45877
- Remember if you shared any files or folders with other people they will lose access as well, so please work with them on a plan for those files and folders.
- Archive BOX files you own: https://oregonstate.teamdynamix.com/TDClient/1935/Portal/KB/ArticleDet?ID=70596
- Archive your One Drive Files: https://oregonstate.teamdynamix.com/TDClient/1935/Portal/KB/ArticleDet?ID=67564
- Download and Archive Your Files from Engineering servers: Please be sure to download any files in your ENGR space (Z-drive) or ONID space that you may want to have for the future.
- Keep Your Computer Secure! Remember after you leave to keep your operating system and anti-virus software updated!
- Remove OSU licensed software from your computer: While you're a student at OSU, a variety of licensed software is made available to you for academic use. Now that you are leaving OSU, you need to remove such software from your own computer.