How long does my account last?
Engineering resources for COE majors will last as long as the ONID account does, which is currently 1 year post graduation. Engineering resources for non-COE majors will be removed one term after your engineering class ends.
This includes access to CoE computer labs, Engineering Citrix desktops, Linux hosts, and storage on depot, stak, or attic.
More information on account termination can be found here.
How long does my ONID account last?
What to do before leaving
- Students - Forward Your ONID Email & Let Others Know Your New Address: You'll want to setup a new email account (e.g.,Google, Hotmail or Yahoo!Mail) and forward your OSU email address(es) to that account. To forward your OSU email address - Forward ONID email
- Faculty and Staff - Setup an out of office in Outlook and continue to check your OSU e-mail until your account is removed. OSU policy forbids Faculty and Staff from forwarding OSU e-mail to a Non-OSU e-mail account.
- Download and Archive Google: https://oregonstate.teamdynamix.com/TDClient/1935/Portal/KB/ArticleDet?ID=45877
- Remember if you shared any files or folders with other people they will lose access as well, so please work with them on a plan for those files and folders.
- Archive BOX files you own: https://oregonstate.teamdynamix.com/TDClient/1935/Portal/KB/ArticleDet?ID=70596
- Archive your One Drive Files: https://oregonstate.teamdynamix.com/TDClient/1935/Portal/KB/ArticleDet?ID=67564
- Download and Archive Your Files from Engineering servers: Please be sure to download any files in your ENGR space (Z-drive) or ONID space that you may want to have for the future.
- Keep Your Computer Secure! Remember after you leave to keep your operating system and anti-virus software updated!
- Remove OSU licensed software from your computer: While you're a student at OSU, a variety of licensed software is made available to you for academic use. Now that you are leaving OSU, you need to remove such software from your own computer.
- Set up Email Forwarding through the Alumni Association (optional): Oregon State University provides a lifetime email forwarding account for alumni. This account is an e-mail forwarding address you can set up to have an "@lifetime.oregonstate.edu" address. Email sent to this account will be automatically forwarded to another account of your choice. Any graduate of Oregon State University can sign up for this free email alias. Click here to register.