The College of Engineering offers to students and faculty Matlab, a software from MathWorks used for machine learning, signal processing, image processing, computer vision, communications, computational finance, control design, robotics, and much more.
You can sign up for the CoE's Matlab user email group: https://it.engineering.oregonstate.edu/mailman/listinfo/matlab-users
- Post to the group with any questions about Matlab
- Announcements and updates regarding Matlab will be sent out to anyone in the matlab group.
Windows Desktop computers, Linux, Mac, and Citrix Xen Desktop.
WHO CAN USE THE SOFTWARE
Matlab is available to all engineering students and faculty.
ACCESS TO SOFTWARE/DOWNLOADS
- For personally owned computers, Matlab can be downloaded and installed using these instructions. This is a per computer license, no network or VPN connection is required.
- Matlab can be used in the engineering computer labs and accessed using Citrix Xen Desktop.
- Graduate students and faculty with engineering Windows desktop computers can install Matlab from Software Center.
- For our Linux desktop users, Matlab can be accessed by using: matlab
ACCESS TO ONLINE USER PORTAL and SUPPORT
MathWorks provides several helpful resources on their support page: http://www.mathworks.com/support/?s_tid=gn_supp
Provided are tools for getting started and getting help with using their products.
- Video Tutorials
- Documentation Pages
- Support Forums
Getting Started with Matlab
Learn with Matlab and Simulink Tutorials
- Type "help " then name of command, function or toolbox you want help with
- If you don't know the name of the command, function, or toolbox you want help with, you can simply type help then a list of the toolboxes will be displayed
- Click on the question mark on the tool bar, or
- Select "Help" from the menu, then click on "Help Window" from the pull down menu
- Type "helpdesk" at command prompt (>>), or Helpdesk
- Select "Help" from the menu, then click on "Help Desk (HTML)" from the pull down menu, or
- From the Help Window, click on the button titled "Go to Help Desk"